Samsung has recently startet to roll out Android 5.0 for the Samsung Galaxy S5. Right now we already have a method to root the device on the newest Android Firmware. In this tutorial we will use ODIN so please keep in mind that you should use a windows machine. The CF-Auto-Root Method also triggers the internal KNOX-Counter of your device and voids your waranty. The Flash-Counter of the Device will also be triggered, please keep that in mind.
Samsung Galaxy S5 CF-Auto-Root Firmware
Before we startet the tutorial you will need to find out which of the following Packages was designed for your device. Get your Samsung Galaxy S5 and go to “Settings” -> “About the Phone”. At the Bottom of the Page you will find the “Build Number” of your phone.
SM-G900F (International Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip
SM-G900H (International Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-k3g-k3gxx-smg900h.zip
SM-G900I (Oceania?): CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedv-smg900i.zip
SM-G900L (Korea): CF-Auto-Root-kltelgt-kltelgt-smg900l.zip
SM-G900M (Middle and South America?): CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteub-smg900m.zip
SM-G900R4 (US Cellular): CF-Auto-Root-klteusc-klteusc-smg900r4.zip
SM-G900T (T-Mobile US): CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.zip
SM-G900P (Sprint): CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip
SM-G900T1 (Metro PCS): CF-Auto-Root-kltemetropcs-kltemetropcs-smg900t1.zip
SM-G900W8 (Canada): CF-Auto-Root-kltecan-kltevl-smg900w8.zip
SM-G900S (Korea?): CF-Auto-Root-klteskt-klteskt-smg900s.zip
Samsung Galaxy S5 Backup Tutorial
Google automatically saves your contacts but doesn’t sync other files on your device. Check the following tutorials to completely backup your device.
Things we need
Samsung Galaxy S5 Root Tutorial
- Download the CF-Auto-Root Package for your device
- Download Odin 3.09
- Download and install the Samsung USB-Drivers
- Completly turn of your Samsung Galaxy S5
- Start your Samsung Galaxy S5 while holding down “Volume Down” and the “Home Button” until you see the Download-Mode. Press “Power” once to access into the Download-Mode
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your PC (use the standard USB-Cable that came with the phone) and Start Odin
- If Odin is able to detect your phone, one of the ID:COM boxes should turn yellow
- Klick on “PDA/AP” and select the previously downloaded CF-Auto-Root Image. Please keep in mind that the CF-Auto-Root Files are compressed as .zip files. Those need to be extracted, the file we select unter “PDA/AP” should have “.tar.md5” at the end of the filename.
- Select the Checkboxes for “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” in ODIN, don’t select any other checkbox
- If you are ready with all the settings click on Start to launch the root process for your Samsung Galaxy S5
- The root process should finish after a few minutes and your phone should reboot automatically into the recovery-mode (if your phone doesn’t reboot automatically you need to start over with this tutorial. In this situation we recommend to pull out the battery at step 4)
- As soon as your device reboots back into Android you can disconnect the phone from your pc
- Thats it, your Samsung Galaxy S5 Root is done 🙂