In this tutorial we will show you how you can root your Sony Xperia Z1. We will use the Kingo Root Tool which provides a quick and easy way to root the Sony Xperia Z1 if you are a Windows User.
Google automatically saves your contacts but doesn’t sync other files on your device. Check the following tutorials to completely backup your device.
- Backup Apps, Pictures and Ringtones from your Android Device
- Android SMS Backup & Restore Tutorial
- Backup Android Call Logs with Call Logs Backup & Restore
Sony Xperia Z1 Root
Things we will need
- Always use a USB-Port from the backside of your PC
- Always use the original USB cable
- Always use a fully charged device
- Always Backup your Device first
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Sony Xperia Z1 Root Tutorial
- Download and install the USB Drivers and the Kingo Sony Xperia Z1 Root Toolkit
- On your Xperia Z1 you will need to make the following changes:
- Go to Settings -> Xperia -> Connectivity and deactive „PC-Compagnion install“
- Go to Settings -> Xperia -> Connectivity -> USB-Mode and activate the Mass-Storage Option
- Go to Settings -> Security and activate „Unknown Sources“
- Go to Settings -> Developer Options and activate USB-Debugging
- Now connect your Sony Xperia Z1 via USB to your PC
- Start the Kingo Android Root Toolkit
- Kingo should now display the name of your device
- To root your device you will simply need to press the orange „ROOT“-Button. After you startet the Root your device will reboot. After everything finished you will get a „Root Succeeded!“-Screen.
- Your Sony Xperia Z1 is now rooted if you want to remove the root you can also use this toolkit.